If you’re looking for an easy way to permanent residency in a European country, Cyprus should be one of your first options. Cyprus offers a residency program that allows you to achieve permanent residency in just 2 months.
Cyprus is a Member of the European Union and the Eurozone. The ‘Yellow Slip’ is available to EU citizens wishing to settle and work in Cyprus permanently without the need to renew. Non EU dependents may also be included in the application thus making them eligible for the same rights and benefits as EU citizens.
There are many benefits that come with the Cypriot residency program::
- To begin with, the permanent residence permit allows you to enter Cyprus freely and therein without a visa
- There are no minimum stay requirements. Come and go as you like.
- The permanent residence permit entitles you to apply for a Schengen visa in any of the Cypriot embassies. You can obtain the Schengen visa in less than 4 working days; faster than most other embassies.
- The process to achieve permanent residency is extremely fast. You can become a permanent resident in approximately two months.
- There are no requirements with regard to language.
- The program is open to all non-EU nationals.
- You are not liable for payment of Cypriot taxes.
- Cyprus, due to its strategic geographical positioning, connects you to Europe, Africa, and Asia, making travel very convenient
- You are entitled to pursue higher education in any of the educational institutions located in the country. Cyprus is home to many UK-based educational institutions.
- Cyprus boasts a high-standard of living.
- Visas to non-EU countries are easier to access with a Cypriot permanent residence visa.
- Permanent residence permits are given to dependents including, spouse, parents, in-laws, and children below the age of 25.
- Permanent residence in Cyprus is does not expire and it can be simply transferred to your spouse and children.
Here are the conditions to be met in order to qualify for the program:
- Enter into a rental agreement or purchase a permanent residence
- Full cover health insurance in the Republic
- Applicant must be physically present for submitting the application
- Ultimately demonstrate the intention to reside on the Island
- Applicant must show proof of stable income outside of the Island
- Clean criminal record
Applicants are required to enter into a rental agreement or purchase a permanent residence, and have full coverage health insurance in the Republic as well as the following:
- Secured annual income of €30,000 for yourself, and another €5,000 for every dependent (spouse and children);
- Three-year fixed deposit with a Cyprus bank of at least €30,000;
- Purchase of a residential property with a combined value of €300,000 (excl. VAT if applicable).
Make Cyprus your second home
GDP nominal (per capita)
GDP (purchasing power parity)
Eastern European Time Zone (UTC+02:00)
9, 251 km2
Greek, Turkish, English
EU Member State
- Right to reside, work, travel freely within EU
- Prospective member of Schengen
- Favorable tax regime
The materials contained in this page are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. Processing times and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. CitizenMatch is not responsible for any changes to the time and cost estimates; we can provide specific information on an individual basis. All rights reserved.