Oman, a captivating nation on the southeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula, is a land of enchanting contrasts. With its rich history, dramatic landscapes, and a vibrant blend of tradition and modernity, Oman offers a unique and intriguing tapestry for exploration. From its stunning deserts and rugged mountains to its welcoming culture, Oman is a destination that beckons travelers with its timeless allure.
The Golden Visa Program in the Sultanate of Oman provides an opportunity for foreign nationals to obtain an extended residency permit within the country. This initiative aims to attract individuals who can contribute to Oman’s economic growth and diversity in various sectors. By embracing this program, Oman reaffirms its commitment to fostering an inclusive and welcoming environment for global talent and financial investment.
- Long-term residency (up to 10 years)
- The right to live, work, and study in Oman
- The right to own property in Oman
- The right to sponsor family members for residency
- Tax benefits
- Visa-free travel to a number of countries
- Applicants must be over the age of 18.
- Applicants must have a clean criminal record.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants must meet the investment requirement.
Types of Investments and Fees
- Invest at least OMR 500,000 in a limited liability company, public joint-stock company, or government bonds: This type of investment is a good option for investors who want to be involved in the Omani economy. Investors can choose to invest in a variety of industries, such as tourism, healthcare, and technology.
- Purchase a property in Oman worth at least OMR 500,000: This type of investment is a good option for investors who want to own property in Oman. Oman has a strong real estate market, and property values are expected to continue to rise in the coming years.
- Establish a company in Oman employing at least 50 Omani nationals: This type of investment is a good option for investors who want to create jobs in Oman. The Omani government is supportive of foreign investment, and there are a number of incentives available to businesses that employ Omani nationals.
|Application fee||OMR 100||$260|
|Processing fee||OMR 500||$1,300|
|Residency visa fee||OMR 500||$1,300|
|Dependent visa fee||OMR 250 per dependent||$650 per dependent|
How long does it take to process the Sultanate of Oman Residency by Investment Visa application?
The processing time for the Sultanate of Oman Residency by Investment Visa application typically takes 2-3 months.
Can I bring my family with me to Oman under the Sultanate of Oman Residency by Investment Visa program?
Yes, you can bring your family with you to Oman under the Sultanate of Oman Residency by Investment Visa program. Dependent visas are available for spouses and children under the age of 18.
Does oman allow dual citizenship?
No, Oman does not allow dual citizenship. Anyone who becomes an Omani citizen must renounce their previous citizenship(s).
Make Oman your second home
GDP (per capita):
GDP (purchasing power parity):
Capital City: Muscat
Time Zone: GMT+4 (Gulf Standard Time)
Total Area: Approximately 309,500 square kilometers
Languages: Arabic is the official language.
Currency: Omani Rial (OMR)
Main Industry: Oman’s economy is diverse, with industries including oil and gas production, tourism, manufacturing, and logistics playing significant roles. The oil and gas sector has historically been a major contributor to the country’s economy.
Schengen/EU: Omani citizens must apply for a Schengen visa in order to enter any of the Schengen Area countries.
- Economic Stability: Oman offers a stable and diversified economy, ensuring job security and business opportunities.
- Natural Beauty and Activities: Oman’s diverse landscapes provide ample opportunities for outdoor adventures, from mountains to deserts to pristine beaches.
- Cultural Richness: Oman’s rich cultural heritage and welcoming people allow residents to explore historic sites and embrace the traditional Omani way of life.
The materials contained in this page are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. Processing times and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. CitizenMatch is not responsible for any changes to the time and cost estimates; we can provide specific information on an individual basis. All rights reserved.