The United States, the “land of opportunities” has the most technologically advanced economy in the world, with a per capita GDP of $59,500. US firms are at or near the forefront in technological advances, especially in computers, pharmaceuticals, and medical, aerospace, and military equipment. Based on a comparison of GDP measured at purchasing power parity conversion rates, the U.S. economy in 2014, having stood as the largest in the world for more than a century, slipped into second place behind China, which has more than tripled the U.S. growth rate for each year of the past four decades.
The United States, needless to say, is an immigration favorite. So, it’s only natural that they offer one of the most popular residency programs in the world, the U.S. EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program wish allows investors to enjoy the best of what the U.S. has to offer.
The USA is a multicultural nation that boasts a robust economy and a wide range of opportunities. It also offers an extremely high standard of living. Here are a few more reasons why the USA EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is worth it.
- There are no minimum requirements with regard to educational qualifications or language skills.
- There are no minimum requirements with regard to managerial or business experience.
- Applicants are not required to live in the country after investing.
- No restrictions on the source of investment capital. The money can be sourced via inheritance, business, or even as a gift. The only condition is that it must have been acquired legally.
- Applicants gain the opportunity to work, study, and live in the United States. They also enjoy lower tuition fees.
- Children below 21 are included as dependents.
Apart from fulfilling the investment options, applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- They must be 21 or older.
- They must prove that their funds have been sourced legally.
For citizenship, the criteria are as follows:
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must have resided in the US or held a Legal Permanent Resident Status (Green Card) for a minimum of 5 years before applying for citizenship.
- Must have been present in the US for at least 30 months out of a total 60 months, before applying for citizenship.
- Must have lived in the US continuously from the time the application for naturalization was submitted to the actual time of naturalization.
- Must be proficient in English (written and spoken) and possess a knowledge of American History and Civics.
- Must display good moral character and be willing to abide by the rule of law.
In general, participation in the EB-5 program is feasible through two main methods:
- Regional Centers
Regional Centers are companies which are authorized to develop a specific area. These companies aggregate investors’ funds and allocate them to their projects. Should an investor manage to acquire a permanent green card, the Regional Centers will return the investor’s investment funds in cash or by offering them share in the ownership of the company, an issue which hinges on the terms of the agreement. As part of this option, an applicant must invest a min US$1 million* into the approved project.
- Direct Investment
In the direct investment method, investors launch a business, whether alone or together with fellow-investors in compliance with EB-5 requirements including the investment of sufficient funds, min US$1 million* and the creation of the required 10 US jobs. Individuals initially transfer their funds to their business account in the United States and thereafter, the investment capital will be devoted to their own business.
The most important element of the EB-5 program is the necessity of the investment amount of US$500,000* (at minimum) being at risk.
*Amount of min US$500,000 is possible for projects/businesses that are located within a Targeted Employment Area (TEA). This includes areas with an unemployment rate that is 150% of the overall national rate or any rural location.
Make United States your second home
GDP nominal (per capita)
GDP (purchasing power parity)
UTC−4 to −12, +10, +11
Aerospace, Agriculture, Chemical, Computer, Real Estate
- The largest consumer market on earth with GDP over $19 trillion and 325 million people
- Nexus of Innovation: recognized leader in research and development (R&D)
- Opportunity to live, work and study anywhere in the U.S. and benefit from lower tuition fees
The materials contained in this page are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. Processing times and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. CitizenMatch is not responsible for any changes to the time and cost estimates; we can provide specific time and cost estimates on an individual basis. All rights reserved.
The materials contained in this page are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. Processing times and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. CitizenMatch is not responsible for any changes to the time and cost estimates; we can provide specific information on an individual basis. All rights reserved.