Bulgaria is a Balkan nation with diverse terrain, encompassing a coastline along the Black Sea, a mountainous interior, and many rivers. It is located in southeastern Europe, bordering Romania, Serbia, the Republic of Macedonia, Greece, and Turkey.
Bulgaria is part of the European Union, but not part of the Eurozone.
The Bulgaria Fast-Track Citizenship Program allows an applicant to obtain permanent residence on a fast track, and full Bulgarian “EU” citizenship within couple years. Bulgarian citizenship will allow the applicants and their family to live, work, and study in Bulgaria and freely travel in Europe.
There are many benefits to this program. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- The Government processing time for due diligence and permanent residence (PR) is 3-4 months.
- Fast-track applicants can apply for citizenship after holding PR for one year, and will receive citizenship within a year (about 2 years total processing time).
- CitizenMatch offers a €260,000 financing option (which replaces the minimum 5-year investment of €1,024,000).
- Citizens have visa-free access to approximately 169 countries and territories, including Canada and Europe.
- There are no restrictions on nationalities (all foreign nationalities may apply).
- The financing is non-recourse to the principal applicant, and he/she has no personal liability to repay any portion of the loan.
- Bulgaria allows dual/multiple citizenship.
- There is no age restriction, language requirement, in-country residency requirement, education requirement, or management/business experience requirement.
- Citizenship is transferable by descent and may be transferred to all children and grandchildren regardless of age, marital status, or family size (including adopted children).
- Bulgaria has one of the lowest tax rates in the European Union, and boasts a free-trade environment.
There are certain conditions to be met in order to qualify for the program, aside from investing the basic amount.
- The applicant must possess a valid passport and reside legally in a country.
- The applicant must pass a medical and security background check.
- The applicant must provide a declaration explaining the source/origin of invested funds.
- The principal applicant must be a minimum 18 years old (no maximum age).
- The spouse must be married to the principal applicant for at least 5 years (unless using the Supplemental Offering*).
- The applicant must invest €1,024,000 in Bulgarian government bonds, for 5 years, to obtain residence and fast-track citizenship. A financing package is available for a “walk-away” payment** of €260,000, and is non-recourse to the applicant.
- The applicant must visit Bulgaria twice (for 2 and 4 days respectively), but there is no further requirement for in-country residence during the process, and therefore no income tax liability.
The investment options for Bulgaria Program are following:
- Supplemental Offering
After the principal applicant obtains citizenship, descendants (children, grandchildren, and adopted children) can immediately apply for citizenship, however, the spouse requires a 5-year waiting period following their PR approval. Once the principal applicant obtains citizenship, the spouse and all dependents can follow the principal applicant to any country in Europe and easily obtain residence there.
*** In addition to these benefits, CitizenMatch is pleased to announce a Supplemental Offering. This Offering will allow a spouse, new spouse, common-law partner, or same-sex partner to finance his/her own investment of €1,024,000 for a one-time “walk-away” payment of just €80,000, plus €15,000 in legal, due diligence, and government fees. This Offering will allow both spouse and principal applicant to apply for and obtain citizenship at the same time.
Make Bulgaria your second home
GDP nominal (per capita)
GDP (purchasing power parity)
- Right to live, work, and study anywhere in European Union
- No restrictions on nationalitie
- Dual/multiple citizenship is allowed
The materials contained in this page are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. Processing times and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. CitizenMatch is not responsible for any changes to the time and cost estimates; we can provide specific information on an individual basis. All rights reserved.