Lithuania is a member of the European Union, the Council of Europe, a full member of the Eurozone, Schengen Agreement. Lithuania offers a residency program, better known and referred to as a Golden Visa program, that allows foreign nationals to pave their way to a citizenship by investing in the country.
Lithuania offers a residency program, more aptly referred to as a Golden Visa program, that allows foreign nationals to pave their way to a citizenship by investing in the country. There are two ways to obtain a residence permit in Lithuania; through opening a BUSINESS and through opening a BRANCH. Both options are offered if the applicant intends to start a business in Lithuania or owns a company in their home country and would like to incorporate a branch of it in Lithuania and start a business.
There are many major advantages that come with enrolling in the program. Let’s take a look at some of these advantages.
- You can gain permanent residency through the program and eventually qualify for citizenship.
- Even with temporary residency, you gain the right to travel throughout the EU Schengen Zone and EU member countries without any restrictions.
- You can work in Lithuania without restrictions.
- Family members are covered by the program.
- Lithuania is ripe with business opportunities. It’s the right place to invest.
- As the holder of a residence permit, you are entitled to the same privileges that are typically offered to Lithuanian citizens. This includes maternity benefits, medical care, unemployment benefits, and other social privileges.
In order to obtain a temporary residence permit in Lithuania through opening a new Business, the investment must fulfil the following conditions:
- The investor must be a shareholder or director of the real working company in Lithuania
- The capital of the company is not less than 50,000 EUR;
- The company has a reasonable business plan;
- The presence of the investor is necessary for the business activities of a company.
- The company is operating not less than 6 months before applying (real business operations).
- The company must employ one or more employees (Lithuanians) and pay labor taxes every
(In the case of a residency permit through a Branch, the requirement would be that the branch in the home country has to be an active business operating more than a year)
There are two ways to obtain a residence permit in Lithuania; through opening a BUSINESS and through opening a BRANCH. Both options are offered if the applicant intends to start a business in Lithuania or owns a company in home country and would like to incorporate a branch of it in Lithuania and start a business.
For opening a business in Lithuania, the capital of the company must not be less than €50,000. For opening a branch there is no such minimum requirement.
Make Lithuania your second home
GDP (per capita)
GDP (purchasing power parity)
Manufacturing; wholesale and retail trade, repair of goods; real estate
- Eligibility to live, study and work in Lithuania
- Corporate tax rate is one of the lowest among EU countries
- Most of the population speak more than 2 languages
The materials contained in this page are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. Processing times and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. CitizenMatch is not responsible for any changes to the time and cost estimates; we can provide specific information on an individual basis. All rights reserved.