Canada is widely known as a country of outstanding beauty filled with stunning scenery and endless forests. If you are looking for the best sights mother nature has to offer, Canada is the perfect match. Canada’s robust economy coupled with its stable political environment have made it one of the most attractive immigration destinations. Well-developed health and education systems as well as an open attitude towards immigrants have also been a draw.
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program-Entrepreneurial Stream has been developed for investors willing to establish and operate a business in New Brunswick. The program is administered by the province in partnership with the federal government. Potential investors initially submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) indicating their interest in participating in the program. The highest scoring candidates are then issued an invitation to apply letter and will submit a full application to the province. Should the investor be nominated by the province, he/she will apply to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada for permanent residency. The nomination is contingent upon submitting CAD 100,000 deposit accompanied with a signed business performance agreement. As the final step, investors are required to establish their business within 2 years of landing in Canada.
An abundance of reasons support Canada’s suitability for immigration. Below is a breakdown of reasons why relocation to Canada and investing in New Brunswick have been beneficial for individuals:
- Canada has been considered one of the most liberal countries respecting and promoting individual freedoms and human rights.
- Canada has been assessed as one of the safest countries in the world.
- Canada’s economy resembles the U.S. in terms of a high standard of living.
- The Canadian passport is associated with high international mobility
- Low business costs, lower taxes and strong economic growth indicators offer great satisfaction for individuals investing in New Brunswick.
- Bordering the Atlantic seaport, New Brunswick is in proximity to Europe and therefore, wide market access to European countries can be assumed for those investing in New Brunswick.
Individuals must meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for the privileges and benefits enumerated above . The eligibility requirements for New Brunswick’s entrepreneurial stream are as follows:
- Investors should have the intention to settle in New Brunswick.
- Investors should possess a verifiable personal net worth of at least CAD 600,000. 300,000 of this amount must be liquid and unencumbered.
- Investors are required to invest at least CAD 250,000 of their funds to establish a business in New Brunswick.
- It is incumbent upon investors to make a deposit of CAD 100,000 at the time of nomination.
- Investors should remain actively involved in the management of their business.
- Investors should be 22-55 years of age.
- Investors must have completed a minimum of two years of full-time post-secondary education.
- Investors should demonstrate 3 out of 5 years of experience in managing and owning a business (of at least 33.3% ownership) or demonstrate . Ffive out of five years of experience in a senior business management role can substitute for the previous requirement.
- Investors should maintain a level of language proficiency (French or English) and obtain an overall band score of 5 or more on the Canadian Language Benchmark Test.
Business immigration candidates interested in investing in New Brunswick are able to realize their desire through the Entrepreneurial Stream Of The Provincial Nominee Program. The program requires investors to establish, operate and manage a business in New Brunswick while permanently residing in the province. As noted above, investors’ investment in the business should not be less than CAD 250,000.
Make Canada your second home
GDP nominal (per capita)
GDP (purchasing power parity)
UTC -3.5 to -8
Agriculture, energy, technology, services and manufacturing
- World-class health care system, one of the best in the world
- One of the most respected Education System in the world
- One of the safest countries to live in, offering a high quality of life
The materials contained in this page are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. Processing times and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. CitizenMatch is not responsible for any changes to the time and cost estimates; we can provide specific information on an individual basis. All rights reserved.