Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEIPNP) is a partnership between the Province of Prince Edward Island (PEI) (Immigration Services) and the Government of Canada. PEIPNP nominates applicants who are expected to make a positive economic and cultural contribution to PEI.
Individuals wishing to invest in and manage a Prince Edward Island business can take advantage of the Work Permit stream of business immigration through the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP). The PEI Business Impact category currently includes one stream:
- PEI Work Permit
Though the program is exclusively offered by the Prince Edward Island Government, it still allows the applicant to reside in Canada, which opens up doors to several benefits. Here are a few reasons why residing in Canada can prove to be advantageous.
- There are stern regulations to protect the environment, which has resulted in the environment being free of human interference.
- Canada is home to one of the most tolerant societies in the world.
- It offers a world-class healthcare and education system.
- It is one of the safest countries in the world.
- The standard of living here is very high.
- The Canadian passport offers various benefits with regard to international travel.
- Access to employment opportunities in PEI.
- Potential for family reunification.
- Pathway to permanent residency in Canada.
- Contribution to the local economy.
- Renewable work permit status.
- Opportunity for Canadian citizenship in the long term.
The PEI Business Immigration Program has certain criteria that is required to fulfill as part of the overall program:
- Have a minimum verifiable personal net worth of $600,000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources in your own right;
- Have a minimum education of secondary school equivalent;
- Be within 21-59 years of age at the time of application;
- Have transferable management skills and past employment or business ownership experience;
- Meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB/NCLC 4(link is external); and
- Intend to live and work in PEI while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of your PEI-based company
- Attend an interview with staff from the Office of Immigration.
- Meet the terms and conditions of the Performance Agreement signed with the Office of Immigration.
Creating an Expression of Interest is fee-free. If you receive a PEI nomination, you’ll need to submit a $10,000 CAD application fee, which can be paid using a bank draft, certified cheque, or money order payable to Island Investment Development, Inc.
In the event that your application isn’t accepted, the entire fee will be refunded. If your application is declined or withdrawn before your interview with our office, $7,500 will be refunded. However, if the decline or withdrawal occurs after the interview, the full fee becomes non-refundable. Accepted forms of payment remain a bank draft, certified cheque, or money order payable to Island Investment Development Inc.
FAQs about Canada (PEI) & The Citizenship by Investment Program
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?Under Canadian law, you can be both a Canadian citizen and a citizen of another country.However, some countries won’t let you keep their citizenship if you become a Canadian citizen.The consulate or embassy of your other country of citizenship can tell you whether this applies to you.
What forms do I need to fill out?
After you have received your Invitation to Apply, you must complete all applicable provincial forms listed below:
B-3: Application Form
B-5: Consent to Validate Information
B-6: Information Release
You must also complete all applicable federal forms from the Federal Application Package for Provincial Nominees
What happens after I am approved?
After you are approved you will receive a letter of support from the province for a work permit. You are responsible for submitting your application for a work permit to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada(link is external) (IRCC) along with your letter of support. You can check processing times at IRCC on their website(link is external).
After you are approved for a work permit, you must move to PEI and start your business. After you have fulfilled all of the terms and conditions of your Performance Agreement you will be issued a nomination certificate. You are then responsible for filing your Application for Permanent Residency with IRCC, who will assess it for admissibility factors.
Make Canada your second home
C$36,740 GDP (per capita)
C$6.652 billion GDP (purchasing power parity)
CAPITAL CITY Charlottetown
TIME ZONE Atlantic Daylight Time
TOTAL AREA 5,660 km2
LANGUAGES English, French
CURRENCY CAD$ (C$)
MAIN INDUSTRY Aerospace, Agriculture, Bioscience, Fisheries
- World-class health care system, one of the best in the world
- One of the most respected Education System in the world
- One of the safest countries to live in, offering a high quality of life
Disclaimer The materials contained in this page are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. Processing times and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. CitizenMatch is not responsible for any changes to the time and cost estimates; we can provide specific information on an individual basis. All rights reserved.