If you had to choose between mountains, the sea, and the tropics, what would you choose? With a citizenship from Dominica, you don’t need to restrict your choice to a single place. Home to gentle sloping mountains, gurgling waterfalls, and luscious tropical forests, you won’t ever be bored on the Nature Island called Dominica.
The Dominica Citizenship by Investment program is overseen by the Government of Dominica and is designed to provide secondary citizenship and secondary passport opportunities to interested persons. By investing in citizenship in Dominica, you will get access to the budding Caribbean market and experience the best of tropical paradise.
- No obligation to give up original citizenship
- Applicants can apply for the citizenship at the home country
- Opportunity for visa-free travel to the Schengen area, plus 122 other countries including Singapore, China, and the UK
- Completely confidential citizenship application process
- No tax on personal income
- No tax on gifts, wealth, and inheritance income
- Investor-friendly double taxation treaties with CARICOM and USA
- Zero restrictions on profit and capital repatriation
- Multiple tax relief and incentive packages
- Dominica currency pegged to the US dollar
- Duty-free trading with all Caribbean nations
Listed in Section 101 of the Dominica Constitution and Section 8 of the Citizenship Act, the Citizenship by Investment program is a government program that was established in 1991. The program seeks to attract fresh investments to the growing manufacturing and services industries in Dominica.
Interested investors can qualify for a citizenship in Dominica if they are:
- Persons above the age of 18
- Persons with sound mental and physical health
- Persons who follow ethical business practices
- Persons with no criminal history
- Persons possessing high net interest
The country of Dominica, with its beautiful resources and abundant land, is a haven for investment and development. Interested applicants have multiple investment opportunities in Dominica:
- Real estate
Interested applicants can purchase a pre-approved property by investing a minimum value of USD$220,000, plus USD$50,000 in government fees and USD$75,000 (family of 4) or USD$100,000 (family of 6) in family application fees. Additional fees must be paid for families with 5 and more dependents, based on the age of dependents. The investment must be mandatorily held for 5 years, after which it becomes eligible for resale.
- Donation to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF)
The Economic Diversification Fund, a subdivision of the National Capital Mobilization portfolio allows interested persons in investing in government funds in Dominica. These funds will be used in public interest, primarily for the construction and renovation of schools, hospitals, and public centers. The minimum investment necessary is US$100,000 for single applicants, with additional contributions for spouse and dependent children, in addition to further application fees.
Make Dominica your second home
GDP (per capita)
US$808 million (2016)
GDP (purchasing power parity)
Eastern Caribbean Time Zone
ECD $ (East Caribbean dollar)
EU travel –Visa Free
- Affordable option for single applicants
- Real estate can be resold in 3 years
- Favorable tax regime
The materials contained in this page are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. Processing times and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. CitizenMatch is not responsible for any changes to the time and cost estimates; we can provide specific information on an individual basis. All rights reserved.