If you had to choose between mountains, the sea, and the tropics, what would you choose? With citizenship from Dominica, you don’t need to restrict your choice to a single place. Home to gentle sloping mountains, gurgling waterfalls, and luscious tropical forests, you won’t ever be bored on the Nature Island called Dominica.
The Dominica Citizenship by Investment program is overseen by the Government of Dominica and is designed to provide secondary citizenship and secondary passport opportunities to interested persons. By investing in citizenship in Dominica, you will get access to the budding Caribbean market and experience the best of tropical paradise.
- No obligation to give up original citizenship
- Applicants can apply for citizenship in their home country
- Opportunity for visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 117 destinations worldwide plus the Schengen area and other countries including Singapore, China, and the UK
- Completely confidential citizenship application process
- Ability to include a spouse, children under 31, unmarried siblings under 26, and parents and grandparents of any age, as well as to add dependents after citizenship has been granted to the main applicant
- No tax on personal, wealth, and inheritance income
- Investor-friendly double taxation treaties with CARICOM and USA
- Zero restrictions on profit and capital repatriation
- Multiple tax relief and incentive packages
- Dominica currency pegged to the US dollar
- Duty-free trading with all Caribbean nations
- No minimum stay required
Listed in Section 101 of the Dominica Constitution and Section 8 of the Citizenship Act, the Citizenship by Investment program is a government program that was established in 1991. The program seeks to attract fresh investments to the growing manufacturing and services industries in Dominica.
Interested investors can qualify for citizenship in Dominica if they are:
- Persons above the age of 18
- Persons with sound mental and physical health
- Persons who follow ethical business practices
- Persons with no criminal history
- Persons possessing a high net interest
Investment Options & Fees
The country of Dominica, with its bountiful resources and abundant land, is a haven for investment and development.
Interested applicants have multiple investment opportunities in Dominica:
- Real estate
Interested applicants can purchase a pre-approved property by investing a minimum value of USD$200,000, plus USD$25,000 in government fees and USD$35,000 (family of 4) or USD$50,000 (family of 6) in family application fees. Additional fees must be paid for families with 5 and more dependents, based on the age of dependents. The investment must be mandatorily held for 5 years, after which it becomes eligible for resale.
- Donation to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF)
The Economic Diversification Fund, a subdivision of the National Capital Mobilization portfolio allows interested persons in investing in government funds in Dominica. These funds will be used in public interest, primarily for the construction and renovation of schools, hospitals, and public centers. The minimum investment necessary is US$100,000 for single applicants, with additional contributions for spouse and dependent children, in addition to further application fees.
FAQs about Dominica & Citizenship by Investment Programme
- What’s so special about Dominica?
The Commonwealth of Dominica is a Caribbean republic with a parliamentary democracy. Roseau is its capital and it has around 70,000 residents. The official language is English. French Patois is also spoken and its currency is the East Caribbean Dollar.
- Would my spouse and children be eligible for Citizenship?
Yes, citizenship is extended to your spouse, dependent children, and dependent parents. An application fee is required for family members.
- Who is qualified as a “Dependent”?
A ‘’dependent’’ means:
– A spouse of the main applicant;
– Children of the main applicant or the applicant’s spouse under eighteen (18) years of age;
– The main applicant’s child or child of his or her spouse, between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-five (25) who is enrolled full-time at a recognized institution of higher learning and is fully supported by the main applicant;
– Unmarried daughter of the main applicant under age twenty-five (25) who lives with and is fully supported by the main applicant;
– Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or his or her spouse above the age of sixty-five (65) years living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
- Is an interview required?
The Dominican Citizenship by Investment Program currently does not require an interview, however, an interview may be required at the government’s discretion.
- Can I submit the application for Citizenship by myself?
No. Applications must be submitted through an authorized agent.
Make Dominica your second home
GDP (per capita)
US$688 million (2018)
GDP (purchasing power parity)
Eastern Caribbean Time Zone
ECD $ (East Caribbean dollar)
EU travel –Visa Free
- Affordable option for single applicants
- Real estate can be resold in 3 years
- Favorable tax regime
The materials contained on this page are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. Processing times and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. CitizenMatch is not responsible for any changes to the time and cost estimates; we can provide specific information on an individual basis. All rights reserved.