Belize, a captivating nation in Central America, is a land of diverse beauty and cultural richness. Bordered by Mexico to the north, Guatemala to the west and south, and the Caribbean Sea to the east, Belize offers a unique blend of lush rainforests, pristine coral reefs, and a vibrant tapestry of cultures. Its stunning landscapes, historical treasures, and warm, welcoming people make it a compelling destination for travelers and those seeking adventure in a tropical paradise.
This program targets entrepreneurs with business investments in Belize, requiring a minimum valuation of BZ$500,000 (equivalent to $250,000). These investments can encompass real estate, including the purchase of basic condominiums or undeveloped land. Regarding the type of business, there are no specific sectors mandated; you have the flexibility to invest in areas such as tourism, agriculture, and more. This program grants you the opportunity to reside, work, and manage your investments and business endeavors in Belize, without the necessity of a physical visit to file your application.
- Benefits of the Temporary Investor’s Residency Program in Belize
- The ability to live and work in Belize for up to one year
- The ability to renew your residency for an additional year
- The ability to bring your spouse and children under the age of 18 to live with you in Belize
- The ability to apply for permanent residency after two years
- The ability to travel freely in and out of Belize
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a valid passport
- You must have a clean criminal record
- You must have a medical certificate of good health
- You must provide proof of financial stability
- You must invest at least BZ$500,000 (approximately US$250,000) in Belize
Types of Investments and Fees
- Investment in a business: Investing at least US$1.5 million in a business that creates at least 10 new jobs.
- Investment in real estate: Investing at least US$250,000 in real estate.
- Government bond investment: Investing at least US$1 million in government bonds.
- Donation to the Sustainable Growth Development Fund: Making a donation of at least US$250,000 to the Sustainable Growth Development Fund.
What types of investments qualify for the Temporary Investor’s Residency Program?
You can invest in real estate, business, or government bonds. If you are investing in real estate, the property must be worth at least BZ$500,000. If you are investing in business, the business must be registered and operating in Belize and you must own at least 51% of the shares. If you are investing in government bonds, you must purchase at least BZ$500,000 worth of bonds.
How long does it take to process the Temporary Investor’s Residency Program application?
The processing time for the Temporary Investor’s Residency Program application is typically around three months. However, this can vary depending on the individual case.
Can I apply for the Temporary Investor’s Residency Program if I am already living in Belize?
Yes, you can apply for the Temporary Investor’s Residency Program if you are already living in Belize. However, you must have been living in Belize legally for at least one year before you apply.
Can I bring my family members to live with me in Belize under the Temporary Investor’s Residency Program?
Yes, you can bring your spouse and children under the age of 18 to live with you in Belize under the Temporary Investor’s Residency Program. Your family members must meet the same eligibility requirements as you, and they must also apply for residency separately.
Make Belize your second home
GDP (per capita):
GDP (purchasing power parity):
Capital city: Belmopan
Time zone: Central America Time (UTC-6)
Total area: 22,966 km²
Languages: English (official), Spanish (official), Kriol (official), Mayan languages, Garifuna
Currency: Belize dollar (BZD)
Main industry: Tourism (30%), agriculture (10%), industry (10%)
- Natural Beauty: Belize boasts stunning natural landscapes and a range of outdoor activities, from beaches to rainforests.
- Cultural Diversity: The country celebrates a rich cultural mix, offering a unique and inclusive atmosphere for residents.
- English as Official Language: With English as the official language, Belize is welcoming and accessible to English-speaking expatriates.
The materials contained in this page are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. Processing times and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. CitizenMatch is not responsible for any changes to the time and cost estimates; we can provide specific information on an individual basis. All rights reserved.