Brazil is one of the lesser known nations to offer an investment-based residency program. The program allows investors to carve their path to permanent residency and eventual citizenship.
Investors from across the globe in search of opportunities generally tend to target the Golden/Investor Visa programs that are offered by countries in the Caribbean and the EU. But, these are not the only countries to offer such programs.
One of the benefits of obtaining Brazilian citizenship is the international mobility it provides. Brazilian citizens have visa-free or visa on arrival access to 160 countries and territories. This makes the Brazilian Passport one of the most “powerful” in the world.
There are many significant benefits that come with signing up for the program. Here are a few of them.
- Your family is covered as part of the program.
- Once your application gets approved and the investments are made, you will be provided with a residence permit called the Yellow Card, which certifies your right to be a permanent resident in Brazil.
- The permit entitles you and your family to live and work in Brazil. You will also enjoy the same rights that are offered to Brazilian citizens.
- The Yellow Card entitles you and your family to live and work in Brazil. You will also enjoy the same rights that are offered to Brazilian citizens.
- There are no requirements with regard to the minimum stay.
- After 4 years of permanent residency, you automatically qualify for Brazilian citizenship and passport.
- Brazil is the best-performing economy in the Latin American region. In fact, it is the 9th largest economy in the world right after the United States, China, Japan, Germany, the UK, France, India, and Italy.
- Brazil ranks 8th in the world when it comes to purchasing power, GDP growth rate of over 5%.
- It is a major exporter as well, exporting goods worth $0.8 Trillion every year.
- It has a 6.2% unemployment rate, which is one of the lowest in the world.
- It has a thriving service industry, which makes up about 71% of the total economy, agriculture and heavy industries come in second and third, respectively.
The Brazilian Investor Visa program is one of the least cumbersome in the world. As far as basic requirements go, you are only required to:
- Be 18 years old or above.
- Possess a clean criminal record and provide the necessary evidence to prove this.
- Provide evidence supporting the legitimacy of the investment funds and the source of funds.
There are 3 main investment options you can choose from.
- Establishing a company
For the Investor visa & Permanent Residency program, you need to invest an amount of $500,000 BRL (~US$150,000) most commonly by acquiring equity in a Brazilian legal entity (Company) which can be already established or newly incorporated.
- Establishing a company/ buy shares of a company that is in the field of technology, innovation products or scientific research.
You have the option to establish or buy shares in a Brazilian company that is focused on investing in technology, innovation products, scientific research. At least one partner must be highly skilled in the particular area of investment. The minimum amount of investment must be $150,000 BRL (~US$50,000) and take a specific form defined by the Brazilian government. The company, on this situation, has to have specific characteristics.
- Real Estate
Applicant can invest BRL 500,000 (~US$150,000) into a registered Brazilian company, Brazilian government bonds or approved Brazilian real estate.
Make Brazil your second home
GDP (per capita)
GDP (purchasing power parity)
BRT (UTC−2 to −5)
automobile industry, construction
- Fifth largest country in the world with one of the fast growing economies in South America
- Cost of living is about 20-25% less than in any European country
- One of only five countries in the world that manufacture commercial jets
The materials contained in this page are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice. Processing times and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. CitizenMatch is not responsible for any changes to the time and cost estimates; we can provide specific information on an individual basis. All rights reserved.